If you become disabled, you face two challenges. One: increased medical expenses, which can be frightening enough. And two: loss of income, which can be devastating.
With Secure Income PlusSM disability insurance, you receive a monthly benefit if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Even better, if you continue to pay your premiums until age 65, you get a full refund, minus any benefits received. Every unspent penny, back to you—you simply can’t lose.
Albert is a 40-year-old high-school math teacher. The district he works for doesn’t offer disability income insurance. He worries about what a disability would do to his retirement plans. With Secure Income PlusSM, he’s not only protected with disability insurance, he gets all of his money back, minus any benefits paid.
- Reliable Income: monthly benefits paid to you if a disability prevents you from working.
- Return of Premium1: you receive the sum of all premiums paid, less any benefits received, if you continue to pay premiums and reach age 65; should you need to cancel your policy before then, you’ll receive a percentage of the premiums paid, less benefits paid.
- Duration of Benefits: depending on your age and occupation, you may be able to select the maximum length of time monthly benefits will be paid for any one qualifying disability, from two to five years or all the way to age 65.
- Security: once your policy is in force, your benefits can never decrease as long as your premium is paid, and your premiums can never increase.
- Additional Monthly Income: delivers an additional benefit for up to six months in case of a total disability.3
- Partial Disability: if, following a total disability, you continue to qualify as partially disabled; you’ll receive one-half of your total benefit for up to six months.
- Hospital Monthly Income: pays additional income for total disability if you’re confined to a hospital
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: pays an additional lump-sum benefit in the event of an accidental dismemberment or loss of life
1 The return of premium provision does not directly take into account the time value of money or the effects of inflation. This was taken into account when the premiums were determined
2 There may be a charge for each rider selected. See the rider for details regarding the benefit descriptions, limitations and exclusions.
3 Available only with elimination periods of 30, 60 or 90 days. The elimination period must be the same for this benefit and the basic monthly income.
Important Note: All benefits payable are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, including benefit durations, limitations and exclusions. Not all benefits and exclusions are covered in every state. Please consult the policy form and outline of coverage for details.
Policy issued by: American General Life and Accident Insurance Company
2727-A Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019
Secure Income PlusSM Policy Form Number 02114 and 02115
Additional Monthly Income For Total Disability Rider Form Number 02080
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit Rider Form Number 02081
Hospital Monthly Income For Total Disability Rider Form Number 02082
Partial Disability Benefit Rider Form Number 02083
The underwriting risks, financial and contractual obligations and support functions associated with the products issued by American General Life and Accident Insurance Company (AGL) are its responsibility. AGL does not solicit business in the state of New York. Policies and riders not available in all states.
American General Life Companies, www.americangeneral.com, is the marketing name for a group of affiliated domestic life insurers including AGL.