Important American General Life Companies Legal Notice
American General Life Companies is the marketing name for the insurance companies and affiliates of American International Group, Inc. that comprise its domestic life insurance operations. The insurance company subsidiaries include:
With the exception of AILife and USL, the insurance company subsidiaries listed above do not solicit business in the state of New York.
- AIG Life Insurance Company, Wilmington, DE
- American General Assurance Company, Schaumburg, IL
- American General Indemnity Company, Schaumburg, IL
- American General Life and Accident Insurance Company, Nashville, TN
- American General Life Insurance Company, Houston, TX
- American International Life Assurance Company of New York (AILife), New York, NY
- The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York (USL), New York, NY
All the insurance company subsidiaries listed above are admitted to solicit business in the state of Texas.
The underwriting risks, financial obligations and support functions associated with the products issued by each insurance company subsidiary listed above are the individual insurance company subsidiary's responsibility. Each insurance company subsidiary listed above is responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations.
Please note that on this website the term "American General Life Companies" or "AIG American General" may be used. In each case the term refers to the marketing name for the insurance companies and affiliates comprising the domestic life operations of American International Group, Inc. (AIG).